The Thermo Scientific HAAKE Viscotester E – expert, D – distinct and C – convenient, units can be used for tests and comparative measurements for quality control according to recognized standards.
The HAAKE Viscotester E, D and C are classical rotational viscometers that measure the resistance of a test substance against a preset speed. The resulting torque or resistance measures the viscosity of the fluid. The higher the torque, the higher the viscosity. Due to the type of standardised geometries, the shear rates generated can only be determined precisely for Newtonian substances.
The basic ISO 2555 standard describes the design and the characteristic measuring technique of a viscosity measuring instrument (torque, speed, rotor geometry). If rotational viscometers meet these requirements, results comply.
Common features of the HAAKE Viscotester E, D and C
• Ready to go package – unpack, switch on and start measuring viscosity
• Digital display of viscosity, % torque, speed, spindle, upper viscosity limit, temperature (optional), in selectable units
• Integrated automatic diagnostic functionality
• Visual and acoustic signals at critical measuring conditions
• Easy viscosity and temperature (optional) calibrations
• 10 user interface languages
• Viscosity range: depending on version (L or R)
• Accuracy: +/- 1% FSD
• Reproducibility: 0.2%
• Supplied at 100 – 240V/50 – 60 Hz
The HAAKE Viscootester E, D, C meet the following standards:
BS: 6075, 5350
ISO: 2555, 1652
ASTM: 115, 789, 1076, 1084, 1286, 1417, 1439, 1638, 1824, 2196, 2336, 2364, 2393, 2556, 2669, 2849, 2983, 2994, 3232, 3236, 3716.