This application package – HAAKE RheoStress 6000 “Measurements at higher pressures” has been created for the determination of the pressure-dependent rheological characteristics of a sample.
The universal rheometer Thermo Scientific HAAKE RheoStress 6000 is designed to perform rheological tests in CR (controlled rate) mode as well as CS (controlled stress) and CD (controlled deformation). Thanks to a liquid or electric temperature control unit, precise and fast temperature control of the sample can be achieved. Different versions of pressure cells are available: a version for standard applications made of stainless steel as well as a Hastelloy version to test chemically aggressive samples. The standard version can be pressurised up to 400 bar using a suitable pump whereas the upper pressure limit of the Hastelloy version is 70 bar. Both pressure cells are designed for temperatures up to 300 °C. A variety of measuring geometries is available for different applications: cylindrical rotors with different diameters for homogeneous samples and vane rotors for suspensions with larger particles .
With the configurations described above, the pressure and/ or temperature dependency of the sample can be easily monitored, e.g. the rheological behaviour of crude oil and drilling fluids as well as food products can be monitored directly under real-life conditions to improve performance in the respective application.
Advantages at a glance
• Universal rheometer Thermo Scientific HAAKE RheoStress 6000 for standard applications in QC as well as R&D
• Easy-to-use, multilingual HAAKE RheoWin software for beginners and experts
• Solid material measuring geometries with high resistance
• Low torque measurements thanks to state-of- the-art sapphire-bedded measuring geometries and software controlled torque correction
• High torque measurements thanks to a strong magnetic coupling between motor and measuring geometry
A copy of this application package note is available by quoting reference no: D-002
 Thermo Scientific Product information P21 “Vane Rotors for pressure cells for HAAKE MARS and HAAKE RheoStress 6000’’, Cornelia Küchenmeister, Klaus Oldorp A copy of this literature is available by quoting reference no: P21