Manufactured By: Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Thermo Scientific HAAKE PolyLab OS single-screw laboratory extruder delivers reliable data captured during the extrusion process to verify process parameters (speed, energy, temperature) for unknown materials or to manufacture smaller quantities of a new polymer (as strands, sheets, pellets, blown films) during R&D.
The extruders are equipped with measuring ports for melt pressure and melt temperature to study the process parameters along the extruder barrels.
These barrels are available in different lengths (length/diameter ratio).
An extrusion die can be connected to the end of the extruder barrel to form the polymer melt as strand or film. Special rheological dies (slit, rod, x-die) allow the determination of shear- and elongational viscosity at defined shear rates.
A variety of screw geometries can be used to customize the extrusion process with different compression ratios, venting and mixing sections is offered.
Standard feeders for pellets and special feeding systems for powders, pastes, liquids or highly viscous rubber complete the set up.
• Melting behavior
• Testing individual and combined influences of additives (stabilizer, lubricant) and functional additives (anti-oxidation, UV-stabilizers, pigments and fillers)
• Extrudability of newly developed materials
• Manufacturing homogeneous melts
• Manufacturing films, foils, strands and profiles for optical and mechanical testing as well as outdoor exposure tests
• Measuring rheological behavior (viscosity, elasticity)
• Foam extrusion
Typical applications for single screw extruder/s
• Extrusion of PVC compounds
• Blown Film Take Off
• Cast films
• Rheological testing with special dies
• Extrusion of ceramic materials or PIM-feedstocks
Additional Product Information:
To download and view these attachments you must have Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, click the “Get Adobe Reader” button.